Industrial automation specialist
By choosing to join our Sawquip family as an Industrial Automation Specialist, you will be the Department Manager’s right hand. Under his supervision, you will be responsible for programming and designing our automated, electronic and digital systems. Whether in office, or at our customers, your work will be crucial in the realization of our products and services, and their deliveries.
A day in the life
The industrial automation specialist is responsible for:
- Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Program the human machine interfaces (HMIs).
- Program electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic positioning systems.
- Validate programs using simulations.
- Design and configure industrial networks.
- Perform commissioning in our customers’ facilities (7 to 14 day periods)
- Train operators.
- Perform pre-performance testing.
- Perform final performance testing and obtain approval.
- Support customers remotely.
Your background and your knowledge
- College or university degree in electro-dynamics or industrial automation – equivalent expertise in automation will be considered.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation Studio 5000 PLC programming and FactoryTalk View SE operator interface programming.
- Knowledge of configuration and commissioning of motor starters and variable frequency drives (VFDs) and Delta RMC positioning systems.
- Basic notions in Ethernet I/P industrial networking.
- Good written and oral command of French and English.
- Knowledge in the sawmill field (an asset).
The industrial automation specialist is :
- Structured and well-organised.
- Motivated to learn!
- Demonstrates initiative and autonomy.
- Demonstrates leadership and ability to communicate with others.
- Likes to take up challenges.
- Has an analytical mind.
- Is able to work under pressure.
- Has a basic knowledge of automation and low and medium voltage electrical and electronic circuits, with the aim of troubleshooting.
What to expect
- A full-time position, mostly day shift, 40h/week, because we don’t say no to all the weekends off and all the evenings off.
- Office and site work because it feels good to alternate and move sometimes!
- Mobility during customer’s commissioning (mandatory possession of a valid passport) because it is always fun to deliver the final result and travel!
- Your choice of workplace either at our Lanoraie or Quebec offices
- The position permits remote work outside of commissioning periods with our customers.
The remote worker must demonstrate autonomy and rigor, in addition to having an appropriate working environment.
- A competitive salary to be determined according to your experience between $32.00 to $38.00 per hour because the numbers speak to you!
- Group insurance with employer contributions (life, disability, medication, travel) for peace of mind.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for when you need it.
- An annual bonus determined according to the company’s profitability because we like to share our success.
- Support for continuing education and professional development because we take the development of our people to heart.
- An accessible management team close to its employees because here, no one is a number!
Place of work : Lanoraie or Québec
Start date : As soon as possible
We need you!
This is you and it’s calling your name?
Send us your application by email to email@example.com !
The person sought will manufacture and assemble industrial equipment at the factory and as needed, diagnose and repair mechanical and / or technical problems with customer equipment on the road.
Main tasks and responsibilities :
Under the direction of the branch manager, you must:
- Assemble mechanical and hydraulic components.
- Perform various mechanically-welded work.
- Participate in the preparation of expeditions.
- Maintain the factory.
- Install, inspect, diagnose, repair and maintain mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components of customer equipment.
- Respond to customer’s mechanical and / or technical questions in person or remotely via phone / email.
- Train operators to operate the equipment.
Training and / or knowledge required
- Professional studies diploma (DEP) in stationary machine mechanics and / or heavy vehicle mechanics and / or electromechanics and / or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams as well as welding.
- Knowledge of the sawing industry (an asset).
Required qualities :
- Willingness to learn.
- Sense of organization.
- Autonomy and resourcefulness.
- Responsible and capable of decisions.
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines and setting priorities.
- Thoroughness and precision.
- Professional and skilled at communicating with customers.
- Team spirit.
- Availability and flexibility: must be able to work away from home to complete contracts on the road, nationally and internationally as required.
- Possession of a valid passport
- Bilingualism an asset (French, English).
We offer :
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive group insurance.
- In-house training.
- Professional challenges and a good working atmosphere.
Type of employment : Full time (40h)
Place of work : Lanoraie, Qc involving some travel due to the installation of equipment.
Start date : As soon as possible
Sawquip International inc. needs you!
Interested in the position?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org !